As a Pathologist Assistant you will perform activities to track specimens and test requests and results including, but not limited to, accessioning, resolving specimen problems and requests, printing reports, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Processes and delivers specimens to appropriate departments using the Review Order Function on the Laboratory Information System.
- Answers telephones to resolve inquiries and problems, provide results, test information, and redirects calls to proper department.
- Prepares daily statistical and administrative reports, handles outgoing patient reports, documents, and files reference laboratory records.
- Handles mail including, but not limited to, addressing envelopes and delivering mail to mailroom.
- Processes 24-hour urine collection by measuring volume, ordering tests, making sure proper amount of urine is in the test tube and sending tubes to proper departments.
- Provides coverage in the absence of the Phlebotomist/clerk on the evening/night shifts.
- Monitors and orders Inventory computer paper and labels.
- Cleans work area including spills, as needed.
- Assists in calling microfiche, daily comprehensive master log, Free Text and Delete logs, Billing Report, etc.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Experience including general office practices and computer applications, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
This vacancy posted through Indeed and it's network using the Indeed's API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.