Perform Phlebotomy and specimen processing procedures at Enzo Patient Service Centers under minimal supervision. Develops and maintains professional relationships with patients, clients, and all Enzo personnel. Perform all tasks in accordance with Enzo’s safety programs and company policies.Responsibilities:
- Collects blood specimens from patients of all age groups and physical conditions by venipuncture technique as outlined by Enzo policies.
- Labels each specimen completely, accurately and legibly with patient first name, last name and date of birth, such that the Accessioning Department can clearly read all printed information.
- Completes test request forms completely and accurately. Verifies client/patients billing information by telephone when necessary
- Centrifuges blood specimens as required by protocol and prepare specimens to maintain specimen integrity for transport to the appropriate lab.
- Completes all required documentation (patient logs, driver logs, mileage) on the same day required. Performs a variety of clerical duties (photocopying, faxing, answering phones, filing) completely, accurately and within established timeframes.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure that specimens can be collected as required, all clerical duties can be performed and the collection site can be kept clean.
- Provides training for new staff to ensure comprehension of Enzo Clinical Labs policies and procedures and ensures they have the technical skills to perform their job effectively.
- Professional to customers and staff.
Education: Minimum: High School or Equivalent. Phlebotomy certification by an accredited agency or completion of an approved phlebotomy training course preferred.
Experience: Minimum: 2 years verifiable experience in Phlebotomy (Inc. Geriatric and Pediatric draws)
Skills: Phlebotomy skills to include pediatric, geriatric and capillary methods.
Communicate effectively in English and other languages as required.
PC and data entry application experience to include Accessioning.
Excellent customer service skills in both person and via telephone.
Ability to handle multiple priorities.
This vacancy posted through Indeed and it's network using the Indeed's API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.