Paul Davis is dedicated to helping restore property that has been damaged by wind, fire, storms, water or other catastrophic events. We are a dedicated team known for our data-driven, customer-centric approach to helping property owners navigate disasters and respond to emergencies. We are looking to train future leaders who are interested in using data and technology to manage our construction and emergency management business.
While previous experience in construction management is not a requirement, we are seeking enthusiastic applicants who are just as comfortable rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty outside of the office as they are behind a computer using technology to identify better solutions.
As an apprentice, you will participate in Paul Davis’s 18- 24 month rotation program, which is designed to prepare employees for a project management or estimator role within the company (EMS or Restoration). The apprentice will get exposure and on-the-job experience within a variety of departments and functions over their training, learning every aspect of the residential and commercial construction and restoration business. This starts with our Emergency Services Department which will put apprentice’s on-call to respond to urgent crises and perform on-site services.
This position is ideal for a college-educated, athletic, tech-savvy person who wants to get out from behind the desk and explore an exciting field with strong, direct impact. Apprentices spend a lot of time going on-site and responding to emergency situations. Apprentices must be willing and eager to be active throughout the day.
Key requirements for this position include:
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated leadership (in academia, athletics, volunteer efforts, or on-the-job)
- Proficient data analysis skills
- Ability to use and learn technology and software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and solve complex problems
- Excellent work ethic
- An interest in construction management
- Physically fit (must be able to carry a load of 50 lbs.)
- Ability or willingness to access roofs for repairs and tarp ups
EMS Specific Requirements:
- Respond to emergency property damage (residential/commercial)
- Perform a variety of emergency services on-site
- Perform on-call rotation as needed
- Efficiently and carefully inspect properties and handle multiple projects at a given time
- Interface with department supervisor and office staff throughout the life of the project until completion and assist in maintaining quality and control standards
- Ensure that the job is brought to completion and collection in a timely fashion
- Professionally represent the Paul Davis Restoration principles of honesty and integrity
- Provide compassion and understanding for customers
- Additional duties may be required dependent on the position the Trainee is interested in moving into
Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match, health & dental insurance, and generous vacation policy.
Please enclose your cover letter with minimum compensation requirements, references and resume for consideration.