We are Destination Pet, a nationwide company founded in 2016 by a team of professionals who have more than a century of combined experience and innovation in the pet services industry. These services include everything from day care to boarding, training to grooming, and home care to veterinary care.
We are looking for a Receptionist to join Our Pack at our Exceptional Pets center in Cave Creek, AZ. Apply today for immediate consideration.
Schedule: Up to 29 hours/week, must be available weekends.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Supports Mission, Vision and Values of Destination Pet.
- Sells the services and products of the facility to prospective customers.
- Tours prospective clients and visitors through the facility.
- Answers the telephone, receives and provides appropriate information according to established procedures.
- Welcomes clients and pet guests and ensures pet guests have the proper up-to-date vaccination records.
- Responsible for cash management including accepting cash, check and credit card payments for services and for end-of-day cash drawer balance.
- Explains company and facility policies to customers in a positive manner.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional, courteous manner and acts to satisfactorily resolve the problem; elevates to supervisor as needed.
- Escorts pet guests to/from their enclosure and provides water as needed.
- Operates the Point-of-Sale system.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the lobby and other public areas.
- Completes all required training and attends training sessions as needed/assigned.
- Treats customers, guests, visitors and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Assists other associates as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Expertise & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a customer service role or retail sales experience.
- Must have ability to resolve problems quickly and professionally.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service experience a plus.
- Must have excellent telephone skills.
- Must be able to utilize a multi-line phone system and work on a computer system.
- Displays a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must frequently lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to be on feet eight hours per day.
- Must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs frequently.
- Must be able to handle dogs on leashes.
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to disinfectant/sanitation