Who We Are
We're a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we'll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
About the Team
We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking individual to join our team as VP of Security! You will be responsible for our security incident management, enterprise resilience, and business continuity programs, and regularly work across the organization to protect our employees, our services, and our community of anime fans. The ideal candidate will operate as a forward-thinking and steadfast leader for Crunchyroll through times of adversity, as an executive-level, risk-management authority, and spokesperson.
- 8+ years leading in a combination of risk management, information security, and application security engineering roles.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role (Director, VP, or CISO) with experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Experience implementing an enterprise-wide information security program and organizational structures.
- Demonstrated experience crafting effective security roadmaps and strategies that drive prevention and detection, and strike an appropriate balance of risk reduction and mitigation without degrading operational efficiency.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics quantify the impact of security initiatives on the budget, growth, and performance of the business.
- A consultative leader, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to influence across all divisions and communicate a business vision, key objectives, and security needs.
- Knowledge and experience protecting highly-sensitive customer data, and maintaining its security as a top priority; understanding information security at scale and implementing relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as PCI, CCPA, etc.
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC, GSEC, CISA, or ability to be certified.
- Demonstrated experience with Web-Application Architecture and security fundamentals (IAM, Data Protection, PKI, Network Security, etc.), and system-level security controls.
- Experience researching, implementing, and administration of security infrastructure: E.g. logging, IPS, SIEM, EDR, CASB, DLP, vulnerability scanners, identity solutions, file integrity monitoring, etc.
- Cloud-based IaaS/PaaS knowledge and understanding (AWS/GCP) and in-depth understanding of public cloud security compliance controls.
A day in the life of our VP of Security:
- Own the vision, drive the strategy for, and implement a strategic and comprehensive information security and risk management program.
- Build a proactive security practice that identifies and remediates issues through white hat activities, game days, and research.
- Evolve our risk assessment/audit/compliance/governance methodology and strategy.
- Maintain solid understanding of ongoing security threats, remediations, and overall risk posture, and lead incident response to ensure that issues are appropriately addressed, detailed, and reported.
- Supervise multiple teams of globally dispersed security engineers and analysts, and lead effective multi-functional collaboration across groups within the organization.
- Strategically attract, retain, and develop talent, and facilitate the professional growth and development of our team; craft and implement sustainable organizational capability via proactive succession planning and focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Partner with executives across the company to deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve our efficacy and efficiency to detect, recover, and respond to security incidents.
- Serve as a key member of the Technology organization's senior leadership team and establish credibility as a trusted advisor to partners, including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
Benefits: San Francisco Office:
- Competitive salary
- "Use What You Need" time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You'll see these in action if we're lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.