This position is eligible for an up to $3000 sign-on bonus. Relocation assistance is available.
Wediko School/The Home for Little Wanderers are seeking a Classroom Teacher at their Hillsborough, New Hampshire campus. Located on 450 lakefront acres, Wediko School is a residential treatment center offering therapeutic and educational services for middle and high school-aged boys experiencing significant social-emotional, behavioral, and academic challenges.
How You’ll Be Making A Difference
The Wediko Classroom Teacher is responsible for overseeing all aspects of instruction and classroom management within assigned classes. Wediko School Classroom Teachers are responsible for planning instruction and monitoring/reporting on student progress. Wediko School Classroom Teachers work closely with assistant teachers and other school personnel to model positive behavior within the school and milieu environment. In addition, Wediko School Classroom Teachers are responsible for creating and supporting structures that maintain safety and facilitate student learning.
- Plan and lead Wediko School classroom and tutorial instruction.
- Create an environment where standards for classroom behavior are clear and consistent.
- Establish and model positive/appropriate working relationships with Wediko School students.
- Integrate technology into appropriate aspects of the students’ academic program.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, and consistent environment for Wediko students in dorm setting (direct care).
- Be available to lead group transitions or assist in leading the group transitions.
- Provide consistent structures during breakfast and lunchtime routines.
Monitor Student Progress
- Provide Wediko students with prompt and meaningful feedback on their work.
- Record timely and accurate data on the Wediko School student/parent portal.
- Complete and provide unit plans and student portfolios to administration in accordance with deadlines.
- Take a supervisory role in weekly classroom meetings.
- Provide support and feedback to Wediko School Assistant Teachers.
- Complete paper work consistently, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to Wediko School supervisory requests and expectations for performance of job-related activities.
- Support and help members of Wediko School and dorm teams.
- Maintain licensure.
- Work with content area consultants to ensure compliance with licensure regulations in specific content areas and gain the expertise required to deliver content area instruction.
- Seek outside resources (e.g. workshops, professional seminars, continuing education).
- Actively engage in supervision and teacher academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in an education or human service field of study with NH licensure in a subject content area (or eligibility to acquire NH licensure)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Satisfactory completion of CPI Training required
- Preferred driving record that allows for the transportation of students in Wediko vehicles.
What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth we serve, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous time off including up to 20 days per year for new full-time employees, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
- Health and Dental Insurance that is effective immediately upon hire
- Extensive training to new staff
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,400 per fiscal year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employer paid Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance, plus Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- And more!
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.